Bear in mind these flourless peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? I first made them again in 2013 and slowly however certainly they took over Pinterest and received your hearts. Now they’re one in all my hottest cookie recipes OF ALL TIME.
So say hello to my ridiculously handsome, chewy, thick, wholesome peanut butter oatmeal cookies with puddles of chocolate in each chew. Right here’s the key: they’re made with out flour or butter!
Wait… WHAT? I swear this isn’t a joke.
First, I must confess that I LOVE LOVE LOVE peanut butter. I’m positively a type of individuals who feels prefer it completes me in a roundabout way. A few of you might really feel this fashion about Nutella and I completely get it; nut butters are creamy, addictive, and superior unfold on absolutely anything. I often do it animal-style aka straight out of the jar with a spoon.
Anyhow, these cookies? Good for people who find themselves explicitly in love with peanut butter.
FREE Final Information to Cookie Baking
Enroll under and get a FREE printable e-book with my finest ideas & tips for baking good cookies each time!
What makes these peanut butter oatmeal cookies wholesome?
These are really essentially the most magical peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies as a result of they’re full of sneaky, nutrient-dense elements however nonetheless style oh-so indulgent. They’re additionally:
- Made with none flour! We’re simply utilizing nutrient-dense, entire grain oatmeal for the right cookie texture. This retains the cookies gluten free (for those who use gluten free oats) whereas including a lift of fiber.
- Dairy free as a result of there’s no butter concerned.
- Made with none further oil. Simply the pure oils and wholesome fat from peanut butter!
- Filled with a protein punch because of peanut butter & eggs. Cookies for breakfast, anybody?
Components in these wholesome peanut butter oatmeal cookies
As a result of these cookies comprise no butter or flour, they’re filled with true peanut butter taste. Plus they use simply 7 key elements! Right here’s what you’ll must make them:
- Peanut butter: I used all pure creamy peanut butter, however chunky peanut butter may even work. If you happen to do occur to be allergic to peanuts, almond butter may even work properly. Use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15‘ to get 15% off of my fav nut butter model, Wild Buddies!
- Sweetener: I really like utilizing brown sugar on this recipe. If you happen to choose an unrefined sweetener then I recommend utilizing coconut sugar. I’ve additionally made these with 1/2 cup of brown sugar as an alternative of two/3 cup they usually nonetheless got here out nice however simply style a bit extra oatmeal-like.
- Vanilla: for that cozy taste we all know and love. Discover ways to make your individual right here!
- Eggs: you’ll want two eggs for these wholesome peanut butter oatmeal cookies.
- Oatmeal: be sure that to make use of common quaint rolled oats on this recipe. And bear in mind to buy licensed gluten-free oats if you’re baking for somebody who’s gluten-intolerant.
- Baking soda: to ensure these peanut butter oatmeal cookies bake up thick & chewy.
- Chocolate chips: I really like including chocolate chips to those cookies however they’re optionally available. You too can use fewer chocolate chips for those who’re making an attempt to look at your sugar consumption. I feel 1/2 cup chocolate chips could be good too!
- Elective: a sprinkle of flaky sea salt for that candy & salty combo.
Customise your peanut butter oatmeal cookies
- Select your nut butter. Be at liberty to make use of any nut butter you’d like. Almond butter would even be scrumptious.
- Strive new mix-ins. Have enjoyable together with your favourite add-ins like nuts, M&M’s, raisins, cranberries, white chocolate, or butterscotch chips. Or perhaps strive a chocolate drizzle! You too can omit any chocolate to maintain them strictly peanut butter. If you happen to’re craving monster cookies, strive my wholesome monster cookie recipe.
- Go refined sugar free. Use coconut sugar and omit the chocolate chips to make them totally refined sugar free.
Can I make them vegan?
I haven’t examined this recipe with flax eggs however let me know for those who do!
Find out how to make wholesome peanut butter oatmeal cookies
The most effective half about these wholesome peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies is how simple they’re to make. You’ll have heat, thick & chewy cookies in beneath 20 minutes!
- Prep your pan. Preheat your oven to 350 levels F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry elements. In a small bowl combine collectively the oats and baking soda.
- Make the dough. In a separate, massive bowl combine collectively the moist elements till easy. Add within the dry elements and blend wwith a picket spoon, then gently fold within the chocolate chips.
- Roll & bake. Roll cookies into 2-inch dough balls, place them in your baking sheet, and simply BARELY flatten the tops of the cookies together with your hand. Bake them up till the sides barely start to show a golden brown.
- Cool & get pleasure from! Let the cookies cool for five minutes on the cookie sheet then switch them to a wire rack to chill utterly. Sprinkle every cookie with flakey sea salt and revel in!
Storing & freezing ideas
- To retailer: be at liberty to maintain these cookies in an hermetic container at room temperature for 1-2 days, then switch to the fridge or freezer.
- To freeze: be sure that the cookies are utterly cooled, after which switch them to an hermetic container lined with wax or parchment paper or freezer-safe bag earlier than storing them within the freezer for as much as 2 months. I like to put them in a single layer to keep away from any cookies breaking. As soon as able to eat, merely thaw out at room temperature and revel in! You additionally freeze the dough itself — get all of our ideas for doing so right here!
Extra cookie recipes you’ll love
Get all of my cookie recipes right here!
If you happen to make these wholesome peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, make sure to go away a remark under and charge the recipe! You too can snap and movie and submit it on Instagram utilizing the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen.
Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Thick, chewy peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies made with 7 easy elements. These flourless wholesome peanut butter oatmeal cookies are stuffed with that nostalgic, scrumptious peanut butter taste you recognize and love, however are gluten free and dairy free! The proper deal with for kiddos and adults.
pure creamy peanut butter (simply peanuts + salt)
packed darkish brown sugar
rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
chocolate chips, dairy free if desired
- Flakey sea salt for sprinkling on prime
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In small bowl combine collectively the oats and baking soda; put aside.
In a big bowl combine collectively peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla till easy. Combine in dry elements with a picket spoon, then gently fold in chocolate chips.
Roll cookies into 2-inch dough balls and place 2 inches aside on the ready baking sheet. BARELY flatten the highest of the cookie together with your hand. The dough ought to be fairly sticky so for those who discover this technique annoying, merely use a cookie scoop to drop the cookie dough onto the ready baking sheet. The cookies will not be as spherical in form and maybe a bit thicker, however that is okay, they’ll nonetheless be scrumptious!
Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes and take away when edges barely start to show a golden brown. The cookies might look a bit underdone, however they’ll proceed to cook dinner when you take away them from the oven.
Cool for five minutes on the cookie sheet then switch to a wire rack to chill utterly. Sprinkle every cookie with flakey sea salt. Repeat with remaining cookie dough. Makes 16-20 cookies.
You need to use much less sugar or much less chocolate chips — I’ve tried utilizing 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup chocolate chips they usually turned out nice.
Be at liberty to substitute almond butter or one other nut butter in substitute of peanut butter.
Servings: 18 cookies
Serving dimension: 1 cookie
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
This submit was initially printed on March fifth, 2013, republished on December twenty sixth, 2018, republished on August thirtieth, 2020, and republished on January sixteenth, 2023.