These vegan Thai-inspired purple curry noodles characteristic rice noodles and veggies in a flavourful purple curry sauce for a fast weeknight dinner.
In regards to the Recipe
If you happen to’re on the lookout for a straightforward and scrumptious plant-based meal, you’ll love these purple curry noodles! They’re easy to make with on a regular basis substances, filled with flavour and all the time a crowd-pleaser.
- Vegetarian and vegan.
- Get pleasure from in below half-hour.
- Easy substances.
- Customise the veggies.
- Add your alternative of protein.
- Creamy and flavourful!
What You’ll Want
Please scroll down the web page to seek out the complete recipe card with ingredient quantities. This part covers notes on the substances used and any substitutions accessible.
- Rice Noodles: Any number of rice noodles work properly. If you happen to use rice noodles, the dish will probably be just like Pad Thai in consistency.
- Coconut Oil: I like coconut oil for sautéing veggies for curries however you should utilize olive oil or one other cooking oil you want. For an oil-free recipe, you should utilize a little bit of water.
- Shallot: If you happen to don’t have shallot accessible, white onion is an appropriate substitute.
- Ginger: Uncooked ginger is finest however 1 tsp floor ginger will work if that’s all you may have.
- Garlic: Uncooked garlic is recommended (not garlic powder).
- Bell Pepper: The recipe requires purple bell pepper however any color works. We’ll cowl choices for different greens in one other part.
- Purple Curry Paste: Thai Kitchen makes a vegan purple curry paste. If you happen to’re not utilizing that model, learn the label as some varieties comprise fish sauce or anchovy paste. You may additionally use inexperienced curry paste or yellow curry paste for a variation.
- Inexperienced Cabbage: Use thinly sliced inexperienced cabbage or substitute coleslaw combine for comfort.
- Coconut Milk: I want common coconut milk for the very best flavour and creaminess however gentle coconut milk works if you happen to’d like to cut back the fats within the recipe.
- Coconut Sugar: Coconut sugar works properly as a sweetener to stability the acidity within the recipe. If you happen to don’t have coconut sugar, you should utilize brown sugar or maple syrup.
- Soy Sauce: You should utilize common soy sauce or diminished sodium soy sauce. Gluten-free tamari is an appropriate substitute.
- Lime: You’ll want a recent lime for the lime juice.
- Cilantro: You may omit this if you happen to don’t like cilantro.
- Peanuts & Thai Basil: Elective for topping!
How you can Make
First, you’ll need to cook dinner the noodles. The directions will rely upon the kind of noodles you’re utilizing, so learn the bundle and put together your noodles accordingly.
Observe: Barely undercook the noodles as they’re going to complete cooking within the sauce. When you’ve cooked them in keeping with the bundle, drain and rinse them below chilly water to cease the cooking course of.
Subsequent, warmth the coconut oil in a big non-stick pan.
Observe: You may as well use olive oil or one other impartial cooking oil, something works. For an oil-free recipe, you’ll be able to skip the oil and use some water.
Add the shallots, peppers, ginger and garlic and season with a pinch of salt. Prepare dinner for 3-4 minutes whereas stirring them sometimes till softened.
Add the purple curry paste subsequent and cook dinner for 1-2 minutes, stirring till aromatic.
Add the cabbage, coconut milk, coconut sugar and soy sauce and let the sauce simmer for about 5-8 minutes, stirring sometimes till it reduces (thickens) barely.
Lastly, add the cooked noodles, lime juice and cilantro and toss to mix till the noodles are properly coated in sauce.
Serve your noodles straight away topped with Thai basil, peanuts and lime.
- Keep away from overcooking the noodles. Ensure you cook dinner the noodles slightly below al dente. They’ll end cooking in the previous few minutes within the pan.
- If the sauce is simply too thick, you’ll be able to stir in slightly vegetable broth to make it saucier.
- Use good high quality coconut milk. A great high quality, thick and creamy coconut milk will make an enormous distinction on this recipe. Whenever you’re on the retailer, shake the can, if it appears watery, attempt a special model. I like full-fat Thai Kitchen and Earth’s Selection manufacturers.
- Simplify the recipe. You may omit the bell pepper and cabbage for tremendous fast and simple noodles in purple curry sauce!
- Greens that work properly are broccoli, zucchini, carrot, mushroom, child corn and bamboo shoots.
- For greens, add a pair handfuls of spinach on the finish.
- Serve topped with baked tofu, pan-fried tofu or tempeh or different alternative of protein. You may additionally simply throw cubed tofu proper into the sauce on the finish however I want to bake or fry it first so it’s crispy.
- For spicy noodles, add as much as 1 tsp purple pepper flakes or cayenne pepper, or as much as 1 tbsp sambal oelek or Sriracha with the purple curry paste. You may as well simply serve with some sambal or Sriracha on prime for people who like some warmth.
- You may simply make this right into a purple curry noodle soup however including vegetable broth till you learn your required consistency.
- Stir in 1-2 tbsp peanut butter earlier than including the noodles for peanut purple curry sauce (almond butter works too).
- Swap the purple curry paste for inexperienced curry paste for inexperienced curry noodles or yellow curry paste for Thai yellow curry noodles.
If you happen to use rice noodles and gluten-free tamari as a substitute of soy sauce, sure, the recipe is gluten-free.
You should utilize nearly any sort of noodles on this recipe. I recommend medium rice noodles, that are utilized in Pad Thai so the dish could have the same texture to Pad Thai in that case.
You may as well use huge rice noodles. Extensive rice noodles are bit firmer and chewier and gained’t take up as a lot because the sauce so the dish will probably be a bit creamier.
You may additionally use soba noodles, udon noodles, ramen noodles, lo mein noodles and even spaghetti or linguini.
Sure. To make this recipe with out coconut milk, soak 1/2 cup uncooked cashews in scorching water for quarter-hour then drain and mix with 1 cup of water to make cashew cream. Use that to interchange the coconut milk.
How you can Retailer
- Allow them to cool earlier than storing.
- Retailer in a sealed container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- This recipe will not be appropriate for freezing.
Did you do that recipe?
I’d love to listen to about it! Click on right here to depart a evaluation and you’ll want to tag me @runningonrealfood if you happen to put up it on social media.
Creamy, flavourful and comforting Thai-inspired purple curry noodles with cabbage and bell pepper for a fast and simple dinner.
- Prepare dinner Noodles: Prepare dinner noodles in keeping with bundle instructions. Barely undercook, because the noodles will end cooking within the pan. Drain and rinse below chilly water to cease the cooking.
- Prepare dinner Aromatics: In a big non-stick pan, warmth coconut oil over medium warmth. When the pan is scorching, add shallots, bell peppers, ginger and garlic. Season with a pinch of salt. Prepare dinner for 3-4 min, stirring sometimes, till softened.
- Add Curry Paste: Add purple curry paste. Prepare dinner for 1 min, stirring always, till aromatic.
- End Purple Curry Sauce: Add cabbage, coconut milk, coconut sugar and soy sauce. Let simmer for 3-5 min, stirring sometimes, till barely diminished (thickened).
- End Noodles: Add the noodles, lime juice and cilantro to the sauce. Toss properly to mix, till noodles are coated and have absorbed a few of the sauce.
- Serve: Garnish with Thai basil and peanuts, if utilizing. Serve a lime wedge on the aspect.
- Serving Dimension: 1/4 recipe
- Energy: 416
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 321 mg
- Fats: 19 g
- Carbohydrates: 59 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 3 g
Key phrases: purple curry noodles, thai curry noodles