We shared this simple, scrumptious appetizer on Instagram as a part of the #AKSnackSeries a few weeks in the past and it was simply too good to not placed on the weblog.
Meet my smoked salmon crostini made with 5 core elements and a sprinkle of recent chives + Every part However the Bagel seasoning. They make the right savory appetizer or snack that comes collectively in simply 20 minutes. When you love a superb bagel and lox these cute crostini will likely be your new fav.
Bonus factors for those who’re trying to make a fuller meal, merely add the elements to a thick piece of sourdough toast! In any other case, throw these collectively in your subsequent brunch or gathering with family and friends and watch them disappear.
Substances for this smoked salmon crostini
The most effective half about this smoked salmon crostini? It’s fast to make with tremendous easy elements so you may give attention to hanging out together with your individuals as a substitute of assembling a difficult appetizer. Right here’s what you’ll must make it:
- French baguette: the bottom of the crostini, in fact! You’ll slice up your baguette into 1/2 inch slices to create the bottom in your toppings.
- Olive oil: don’t neglect to brush your baguette slices with a little bit olive oil in order that they bake up good and golden.
- Cream cheese: I really like utilizing whipped chive cream cheese for this recipe as a result of it’s the right mild texture and taste. See beneath for extra choices!
- Salmon: I usually use Nova lox salmon, however you should use your favourite model of smoked salmon.
- Crimson onion: for a little bit crunch and zippy taste.
- To garnish: high your crostini off with Every part However the Bagel seasoning and a few chopped chives or scallions for the last word chew.
Customise your crostini
This smoked salmon crostini is simple to customise to your style preferences and to make use of what you might have readily available:
- Select your cream cheese. When you can’t discover chive cream cheese, merely combine a couple of tablespoons of chopped chives into softened cream cheese. You would additionally make this with veggie cream cheese, or for a spicy kick, strive a jalapeño cream cheese!
- Go dairy free. Be happy to make use of your favourite dairy free cream cheese like Mykonos.
- Make it gluten free. Straightforward swap a daily baguette for a gluten free loaf and even gluten free crackers.
Smoked salmon crostini in 3 easy steps
- Bake your bread. Begin by brushing the baguette sliced with a little bit olive oil, then bake at 350 levels F till they’re frivolously golden on the perimeters.
- Assemble the crostini. Be sure that the baguette slices are cooled, then high so as with cream cheese, smoked salmon, onion slices, a little bit Every part However the Bagel seasoning, and a sprinkle of chives.
- Plate & serve. Add the crostini to a cute plate or platter and serve!
Flip your crostini right into a meal
On the lookout for a heartier snack or perhaps a scrumptious breakfast or lunch? Be happy so as to add the toppings to a thick slice of toast or a toasted bagel similar to you’d with a daily bagel and lox!
These smoked salmon crostini are finest when loved day of, so for those who’re solely feeding a handful of individuals I’d suggest solely assembling ones that will likely be eaten.
Extra appetizers you’ll love
Get all of my appetizer recipes right here!
I hope you’re keen on these simple smoked salmon crostini! When you make them you’ll want to depart a remark and a score so I understand how you appreciated them. Get pleasure from, xo!
Scrumptious smoked salmon crostini made with easy elements for the right simple appetizer or snack. Take your favourite bagel and lox and switch it right into a enjoyable, flavorful appetizer to share with family and friends! Nice for brunch and prepared in simply 20 minutes.
French baguette, reduce into 1/2 inch slices
further virgin olive oil
whipped chive cream cheese
Nova lox salmon
crimson onion, very thinly sliced
Every part However the Bagel seasoning
finely chopped chives or scallions
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Prepare baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or till frivolously golden brown on the perimeters, then let cool barely.
Unfold a couple of tablespoon of cream cheese on every crostini, then high with smoked salmon, a few onion slices, a shake of Every part However the Bagel seasoning, and a pinch of chives or scallions.
Serve instantly in your favourite plate, slicing board, or platter and revel in! Makes 15.
When you can’t discover chive cream cheese, be at liberty to cut a couple of tablespoons of chives and blend into softened cream cheese. You may as well sub chopped scallions as a substitute!
Servings: 15 servings
Serving dimension: 1 crostini
Saturated fats: 3.4g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Pictures by Eat Love Eats