This submit might include Amazon or different affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Keto custard is a traditional dessert that takes solely 5 easy elements. It’s really easy to make and leads to a wealthy, silky clean texture. Similar to your grandma used to make, with out the sugar!
Need an quaint dessert that makes you are feeling like a child once more? You’ll be able to’t go mistaken with a traditional baked custard. And this keto custard recipe is heaven on a spoon.
I’m all the time shocked by how a lot I like custard. It doesn’t look all that particular, nor sound that fascinating. Then I dig my spoon in and marvel on the creamy consistency. And the flavour is easy and comforting.
If any dessert might be thought-about nostalgic, then that is it! Similar to Keto Chocolate Pudding, this may transport you to your childhood.
Why you want this recipe
My recipe for keto custard makes it even simpler than it already is. You don’t must scald the cream or mood the eggs. As an alternative, you simply mix all the pieces up collectively and pour it into the ramekins.
There isn’t any want for starches or flours to thicken the custard. The cream and eggs are ample to create a thick consistency with a wealthy, velvety mouthfeel. And also you don’t have to sit back this dessert for it to set. You’ll be able to eat it heat, room temperature, or chilly, as you want. I actually get pleasure from it room temperature.
You continue to want to make use of a water tub to get the right silky clean texture. However I stroll you thru the best way to set that up, step-by-step. It’s remarkably easy.
Custard with out sugar is amazingly keto-friendly. Every serving has solely 2.5g of carbs, so you’ll be able to get pleasure from this candy deal with and simply keep inside your carb restrict for the day!
Elements you want
- Heavy whipping cream: Whipping cream offers the bottom of this recipe and leads to a silky clean keto custard. If you happen to reside in different international locations (Europe or Australia), search for double cream or thickened cream. It’s also possible to use unsweetened coconut cream for a dairy-free model.
- Eggs: Custard is an egg-based recipe however it’s not eggy in any respect. As an alternative, it’s wealthy and creamy.
- Sweetener: I like to make use of Swerve for this recipe however different granular sweeteners may fit as nicely. Try the Professional Ideas part for options.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla is the usual taste for custard however don’t really feel restricted to that. You’ll be able to attempt different extracts as nicely. Caramel could be scrumptious!
- Nutmeg: Baked custard sometimes has a sprinkle of nutmeg on the highest. However you possibly can do cinnamon in case you choose.
Step by Step Instructions
1. Mix the elements: Add the whipping cream, eggs, egg yolk, sweetener, vanilla extract, and salt to a blender. Pulse just a few instances till nicely mixed.
2. Fill the ramekins: Place 4 small ramekins in a bigger baking dish. Divide the custard combination between ramekins and sprinkle the tops with nutmeg or cinnamon.
3. Arrange a bain marie: Fill the baking dish with sufficient sizzling water to succeed in midway up the edges of the ramekins. Don’t get any water contained in the ramekins.
4. Bake the custard: Place the baking dish in a 350ºF oven for 40 to 45 minutes, till a knife inserted within the middle comes out clear however the custard nonetheless jiggles barely when shaken.
Don’t skip the bain marie (water tub)! Custard primarily based desserts want mild warmth to cook dinner by way of with out turning into powerful or rubbery. A water tub offers probably the most mild supply of warmth. I experimented with a custard outdoors of the water tub as soon as, simply to see. It rose alarmingly after which fell and have become wrinkled and ugly.
Don’t mix the elements too vigorously. You merely need to pulse just a few instances shortly till nicely mixed. Over-blending will whip an excessive amount of air into the combination. It’s also possible to merely whisk them in a big bowl. Simply guarantee that the sweetener will get blended in nicely earlier than including to the ramekins.
Sweetener Choices: You must be capable of use any granular sweetener for this keto custard. Nevertheless, they’ll take longer to set with allulose and the tops will brown extra.
Dairy-Free Possibility: You should use coconut cream (the thick portion from the highest of a can of coconut milk) for this custard. Nevertheless, it could must bake longer to set correctly so preserve your eye on it!
Steadily Requested Questions
This sugar-free custard recipe has solely 2.5g of carbs per serving. It is a perfect keto dessert for newbies because it’s very straightforward to make.
Custard doesn’t have to be thickened with flours or starches. The mixture of heavy cream and eggs is ample to make a wealthy, thick, creamy custard. So this keto custard accommodates no flour of any variety.
Retailer the custards, tightly wrapped, within the fridge for as much as 5 days. I don’t advocate freezing this recipe.
Extra custard primarily based desserts
Simple Keto Custard Recipe
Keto custard is a traditional dessert that takes solely 5 easy elements. It is really easy to make and leads to a wealthy, silky clean texture. Similar to your grandma used to make, with out the sugar!
Servings: 4 servings
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Set 4 4-ounce ramekins inside a bigger baking dish.
Add the whipping cream, eggs, egg yolk, sweetener, vanilla extract, and salt to a blender. Pulse just a few instances till nicely mixed.
Divide the custard combination between the ramekins and sprinkle the tops nutmeg or cinnamon.
Fill the baking dish with sufficient sizzling water to succeed in midway up the edges of the ramekins. Don’t get any water contained in the ramekins.
Place the baking dish within the preheated oven and bake 35 to 45 minutes, or till a knife inserted within the middle comes out clear however the custard nonetheless jiggles barely when shaken.
Take away the baking dish from the oven and thoroughly take away the custards from the baking dish. Let cool fully.
Storage Info: Retailer the custards, tightly wrapped, within the fridge for as much as 5 days. I don’t advocate freezing this recipe.
Simple Keto Custard Recipe
Quantity Per Serving (1 custard)
Energy from Fats 265
% Each day Worth*
* P.c Each day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.