A speedy seafood pasta recipe that includes shrimp, calamari, mussels, and crab, all cooked in a tasty white wine tomato sauce.
You know the way a lot we love simple pasta recipes. The shrimp pesto pasta being one among our favorites, we’ve determined to make one other scrumptious seafood pasta to avoid wasting you on busy weeknights.
This pasta recipe encompasses a seafood combine cooked in flavorful tomato sauce. It’s good to be served by itself or as part of a hearty Italian feast.
Why this recipe works
- Straightforward to make. This pasta recipe appears to be like and tastes as when you’ve got put lots of effort into it. In actuality, it’s surprisingly simple and fast to make.
- Recent or frozen seafood. This recipe works with each recent and frozen seafood mixes.
- Excellent for all events. This pasta recipe is simple sufficient for on a regular basis dinners and stylish sufficient to serve on particular events.
In case you have a seafood combine laying in your freezer and are in search of a simple recipe to make use of it, then this pasta dish is what you need to give a strive.
Seafood pasta recipes shouldn’t comprise a laundry listing of elements; this one isn’t any completely different. Right here is every little thing that it requires.
- Seafood. I like to make use of a mixture of shrimp, crab meat, calamari, and black mussels.
- Pasta. Cook dinner the pasta in line with the bundle directions. I choose utilizing spaghetti or tagliatelle for this.
- Onion. Finely chopped.
- Garlic. Crushed.
- Tomato puree. Canned or selfmade.
- Tomato paste. To boost the flavour of the tomatoes and make the flavour of the sauce richer.
- White wine. Select a dry white wine with excessive acidity.
- Olive oil. Some other cooking oil will work.
- Salt and pepper. To style.
- Sugar. It’s possible you’ll want so as to add some sugar to the sauce to stability its taste.
- Parsley. Recent chopped parsley for the sauce and to garnish.
prepare dinner seafood pasta
Whereas this recipe could look extremely elegant, it’s truly very simple to make and comes collectively shortly.
Step 1- make the pasta sauce
Warmth olive oil in a skillet and prepare dinner the onion and garlic till aromatic. Add the tomato paste and prepare dinner for a pair extra minutes.
Pour within the wine and simmer till the alcohol cooks off. Add the tomato puree, half of the chopped parsley, and salt, pepper, and sugar to style.
Step 2- Add the seafood
Add the seafood combine. Cook dinner the sauce for 3-5 minutes till the mussels open. Add the cooked pasta and blend nicely. Don’t neglect so as to add some pasta water to assist every little thing combine collectively.
Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
What to pair with seafood pasta?
This seafood pasta in tomato sauce is kind of filling by itself. However in case you are in search of a aspect dish to serve with it, strive some greens like asparagus or broccoli, or another greens like carrots or mushrooms.
Salads additionally work very nicely, together with a easy inexperienced salad or one thing a little bit extra hearty, like a inexperienced goddess salad.
Tricks to make the perfect recipe
- Make the sauce prematurely. If you wish to lower down the cooking time for this pasta recipe, prepare dinner the sauce as much as 2 days prematurely.
- Use marinara sauce. One other method to make this recipe even simpler is to make use of good-quality store-bought marinara sauce.
- Use different sorts of pasta. You don’t have to stay to spaghetti for this recipe. Linguine, fettuccine, bucatini, and cappellini will work nicely for it too.
To retailer: Place leftover pasta in an hermetic container within the fridge. It will likely be good for as much as 2 days.
To reheat: You possibly can reheat seafood pasta in a coated pan on low-medium warmth. Add a splash of water to create steam and assist the pasta and the seafood warmth evenly.
Extra pasta recipes to strive
Regularly requested questions
Sure, seafood pasta is a wholesome dish to incorporate in your weight loss program. Whereas pasta is excessive in carbs, it isn’t unhealthy when eaten sparsely. You should utilize wholemeal pasta to make this dish more healthy.
Whereas pasta and parmesan are a match made in heaven, it isn’t beneficial to place parmesan on pasta with seafood. Parmesan could overshadow the fragile flavors of the seafood.
To not overpower the flavour of pasta made with seafood, pair it with mild and medium-bodied wines. Pinot Giorgio and Prosecco go completely with it.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion sliced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste tomato focus
- 150 mls white wine or fish broth
- 2 cups tomato sauce passata
- 12 ounces combined seafood combined seafood * See notes
- 1/2 lb mussels
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces spaghetti raw
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped
Cook dinner the spaghetti as per the field directions.
Whereas the pasta cooks, warmth olive oil in a skillet. Add onion and prepare dinner till translucent. Add garlic and prepare dinner for 1-2 minutes till aromatic. Add tomato paste and prepare dinner for two extra minutes.
Add wine and produce to a simmer, and prepare dinner till the alcohol scent evaporates.
Add the tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and half of the parsley. Carry to a simmer and regulate the style if wanted.
Add the seafood medley and mussels. Cook dinner for 3-5 minutes, or till the mussels open. Add the pasta and coat every little thing nicely, including some pasta water if wanted. Toss with the remainder of the parsley on prime and serve heat.
Serving: 1serving | Energy: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 22g | Fats: 10g | Sodium: 1218mg | Potassium: 599mg | Fiber: 5g | Vitamin A: 620IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 3mg | NET CARBS: 61g