Keep in mind my ginger peanut meatballs that everybody loves and adores? Nicely, a few years again I made a decision to make use of a considerably related peanut sauce for this creamy, dreamy Thai hen peanut couscous and OMG it’s simply so rattling good. I truly initially examined this recipe practically 4 years in the past, after which fully forgot about it in my archives, so I simply needed to carry it to the weblog and re-share it for you.
This hen couscous with Thai peanut flavors is essentially the most fantastic hearty, cozy meal filled with all the pieces you might ever need: tender hen, loads of veggies, pearl couscous and essentially the most creamy scrumptious coconut peanut sauce that can make ya wanna lick your bowl clear. Don’t neglect the enjoyable garnishes like chopped peanuts + cilantro, it helps carry all the pieces collectively.
What you’ll have to make this Thai hen couscous
This scrumptious and nourishing Thai-inspired peanut hen couscous is less complicated to make than you assume and filled with unbelievable Thai flavors. Right here’s all the pieces you’ll have to make it:
- For the hen: you’ll simply want some olive oil, hen breast, salt & pepper to prepare dinner up your hen.
- For the peanut couscous: the star of this dish is the creamy, flavorful peanut couscous. It’s made with garlic, mild coconut milk (from the can), hen broth, pure, creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, contemporary ginger, chili paste or sriracha and pearl couscous.
- Add-ins: we’re simmering the couscous with carrots, broccoli, and pink bell pepper for a lift of veggies.
- To garnish: high your bowl with contemporary inexperienced onion, cilantro, honey roasted peanuts and slightly sizzling sauce if you happen to’d like.
Customise this dish
- Make it vegetarian or vegan. Be at liberty to swap the hen for chickpeas or tofu to maintain this dish vegetarian.
- Change up your veggies. This Thai hen couscous is nice for customizing with what you’ve got available. I feel spinach and/or mushrooms could be scrumptious.
- Add a kick of warmth. For those who love spice like me be happy so as to add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (or slightly extra) to the peanut couscous. Yum!
Select the correct couscous
On this hen couscous recipe, we’re utilizing pearl couscous, which is a a lot bigger grain than common couscous. Israeli pearl couscous has a texture just like mini gnocchi or pasta, whereas common couscous, when cooked, tends to have a texture just like grits.
Make sure to go for pearl couscous on this recipe in order that the feel holds up properly.
Can I take advantage of a distinct grain?
I feel this recipe would work okay utilizing white basmati rice or quinoa instead of the couscous, however please notice that I’ve not examined it this manner. Utilizing pearl couscous actually provides a beautiful texture that may’t be replicated with one other grain. Please notice that you just’d seemingly want a lot much less quinoa if you happen to select to switch it, and every other grains could have totally different cooking instances.
Can I swap the peanut butter?
Whereas this recipe will work utilizing one other nut butter like cashew butter, I’d extremely suggest sticking with peanut butter to provide this dish that peanut sauce taste it was created to have.
make Thai peanut hen couscous
- Brown your hen. You’ll begin this recipe by merely cooking your hen on all sides so it’s golden brown. No have to prepare dinner it right through.
- Make the peanut sauce. In the identical skillet, you’ll stir collectively the coconut milk, broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger & chili paste.
- Couscous & veggie time. As soon as your peanut sauce is clean you’ll stir within the couscous and veggies.
- Add your hen. Lastly, stir in your hen, carry the couscous to a simmer, then cut back the warmth and canopy the pan for quarter-hour.
- End it off. As soon as the couscous has simmered coated for about quarter-hour you’ll need to take away the lid and let it achieve this uncovered for a couple of minutes extra to let it thicken up.
- Garnish & serve. Prime together with your fav garnishes and further sizzling sauce and serve!
Retailer any leftover hen couscous in hermetic containers within the fridge for as much as 4-5 days. Merely reheat within the microwave or on the stovetop.
Extra one pan meals to strive
Get all of our scrumptious one pan meals right here!
I hope you’re keen on this creamy, one pan Thai peanut hen couscous! For those who make it you should definitely depart a remark & a ranking so I understand how you preferred it. Take pleasure in, xo!
One Pan Creamy Thai Peanut Rooster Couscous
Scrumptious one pan Thai-inspired peanut hen couscous filled with protein and a lift of colourful veggies. This cozy hen couscous recipe is stuffed with Thai flavors due to a wealthy and creamy peanut sauce made with coconut milk, contemporary ginger, soy sauce, garlic and creamy peanut butter. Choices so as to add a kick of warmth if you happen to love spice!
- For the hen:
avocado oil or olive oil
boneless skinless hen breast, cubed
- Freshly floor salt and pepper
- For the peanut couscous:
(15 ounce) can mild coconut milk
low sodium hen broth (or sub water)
creamy pure peanut butter (simply peanuts + salt)
gluten free soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
freshly grated ginger
chili paste or sriracha
- Non-obligatory for a spicy peanut sauce: 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (plus ¼ teaspoon extra if you happen to adore it slightly further spicy!)
Israeli pearl couscous
massive carrots, thinly sliced
pink bell pepper, julienned
- To garnish:
- Inexperienced onion (inexperienced half solely), diced
- Contemporary chopped cilantro
- Honey roasted peanuts, chopped
- Scorching sauce, if desired
Place a big deep skillet over medium-high warmth and add in oil. As soon as sizzling, add the hen, season with salt and pepper and prepare dinner, about 5-7 minutes whole. You don’t have to prepare dinner hen all the way in which, nearly midway by means of so it’s good and golden brown with taste. Switch hen to a bowl or plate and put aside.
Scale back the warmth to medium-low and add within the garlic, cooking for 30 seconds, then add within the coconut milk, hen broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger and chili paste to the identical skillet. Whisk collectively till properly mixed and clean. Stir within the couscous, carrots, broccoli and bell pepper; then add the hen again into the pan; carry to a simmer. Cowl the pan, cut back warmth to low and simmer for quarter-hour, stirring sometimes to stop couscous from sticking to the underside of the pan.
After quarter-hour, take away the lid and gently simmer for 5-10 extra minutes uncovered to absorb any extra liquid.
Garnish with chopped honey-roasted peanuts, inexperienced onion, and cilantro. Serves 4.
To make gluten free: I feel this recipe would work okay utilizing white basmati rice or quinoa instead of the couscous, however please notice that I’ve not examined it this manner. Utilizing pearl couscous actually provides a beautiful texture that may’t be replicated with one other grain. Please notice that you just’d seemingly want a lot much less quinoa (in all probability 3/4 cup) if you happen to select to switch it, and every other grains could have totally different cooking instances.
To make vegetarian/vegan: be happy to swap the hen for chickpeas or tofu to maintain this dish vegetarian and/or vegan.
Servings: 4 servings
Serving dimension: 4 servings
Saturated fats: 8g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eat
This put up was initially printed on March third, 2021, and republished on January twenty fourth, 2023.