Initially posted right here again in 2012, this maple roasted brussels sprouts and butternut squash with cranberries dish has graced many vacation tables for my household, mates, former co-workers and even my son’s pre-school. Per our analytics, it’s made it onto many different vacation tables, too! Learn on and seize this easy recipe that can brighten up any unfold and be simply as tasty when used as leftovers.
Vitamins in Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash
We don’t solely get happy from the vitamins in meals and the way the fill our abdomen, but additionally from the style and delight they convey. This dish helps promote satiety with it’s coloration, taste, texture, and fiber! It’s vital to take pleasure in all of the meals you like on Thanksgiving, even when which means a very full stomach on the finish of the day. However, together with nutrient dense filling meals alongside your particular indulgences could enable you to really feel a bit higher the following day.
Whlie maple syrup is a supply of added sugar, it’s scrumptious and satisfying whereas additionally providing some nutrient advantages. It is a wonderful supply of the metabolic nutrient manganese and a superb supply of the b vitamin riboflavin, whereas providing small quantities of calcium, iron, mangnesium & zinc. One research in 2010 discovered pure maple syrup to comprise over 26 antioxidant compounds (1).
Eat a half cup serving of butternut squash and also you’ve hit 2x your Vitamin A wants for the day in addition to 1/4 of your wants for vitamin C! You’ll even get Vitamin E and a few B nutritional vitamins from this nutrient powerhouse in addition to good quantities of magnesium and potassium. The carotenoids & bioflavonoids in butternut squash are recognized to spice up immunity and work as antioxidants.
Brussel Sprouts comprise many antioxidant phytochemicals together with sulfurophane which is present in analysis to help the liver’s detoxifying actions and antioxidant features at a mobile degree within the physique. Different immune and antioxidant advantages could come from the prebiotics. The vegetable can also be a superb supply of Nutritional vitamins C, Ok and folate.
Cranberries are very low in sugar, therefore why sugar is added to dried cranberries and I included maple on this recipe! Contemporary cranberries comprise extra fiber than sugar, so this helps to blunt blood sugar rises when it’s added to the fruit. They’re wealthy in nutritional vitamins C, E, Ok, and the mineral manganese. They pack in antioxidant phytochemicals like flavonoids, flavonols, phenolic acids and proanthocyanidins.
Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash Leftovers
The chances are critically limitless with the maple roasted brussels sprouts and butternut squash with cranberries. Along with standing alone as a facet dish, this recipe will be loved:
- Over greens together with your most well-liked supply of protein and a tahini drizzle
- Chopped and added to eggs for a festive omelet
- Added to a wrap with hummus and your favourite protein
- Combined with farro and edamame as a stir fry.
- Because the star of a fall harvest energy bowl
Nutritious Vacation Recipes
Want extra nutritious and scrumptious Thanksgiving recipes? Along with this maple roasted brussels sprouts and butternut squash, listed below are just a few of my favorites:
Vegan Important Dish
Need to save on top quality olive oil, pure maple syrup and extra? Use code KELLYNOW for 20% off with my accomplice NOW at NOWFoods.com!
Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash
Nutritious and scrumptious, this maple roasted brussels sprouts and butternut squash dish provides festive coloration to any vacation unfold!
- ½ medium butternut squash (roughly 1.5 lbs) chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- ½ stalk Brussels sprouts (~30 items) halved
- 1 ¼ cups contemporary cranberries
- 2 tbsp NOW Meals further virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp NOW Meals pure maple syrup
- salt & black pepper to style
Warmth oven to 425°F.
If not bought pre-cut, halve the butternut squash, peel, and lower into into 1/2 inch items and halve or quarter the brussels sprouts, lengthwise.
Combine Brussels sprouts, squash, and cranberries in a big bowl earlier than drizzling oil and maple syrup over prime, and stirring properly.
Place combination on a big baking dish and season to style with salt and pepper.In case you use a small baking dish or sheet, think about using two or solely roasted half the recipe directly. Cooking time will improve and texture could also be compromised if you happen to crowd the pan.
Bake a complete 30-35 minutes, stirring often.
1. J Agric Meals Chem 2011 Jul 27;59(14):7708-16. Additional investigation into maple syrup yields 3 new lignans, a brand new phenylpropanoid, and 26 different phytochemicals. Li L, Seeram NP.
2. Crit Rev Meals Sci Nutr 2009 Oct; 49(9):741-81. Phytochemicals of cranberries and cranberry merchandise: characterization, potential well being results, and processing stability. Pappas E, Schaich KM.
3. Am Society for Nutr 2007. Cranberry and Its Phytochemicals: A assessment of In Vitro Anticancer Research. Neto CC.