Make chia seed pudding for a wholesome breakfast or snack proper at your fingertips. Bonus — it’s tremendous simple to make!
A lot of you realize that I’m a giant fan of in a single day oats on the subject of breakfast. However, there’s no denying that chia pudding will at all times stay my primary wholesome breakfast possibility. I’ve been making chia pudding for over a decade (which you’ll see in my Youtube video beneath) and I maintain the recipe attention-grabbing by consistently altering up the toppings and flavors.
Chia pudding is ideal for once you want a lightweight meal or on-the-go possibility that’s surprisingly filling. Plus, it highlights my favourite highly effective and nutrient-dense little chia seeds – and who can resist these?
There’s no denying that chia seed advantages are vital. However to sum it up — they pack a hefty nutrient punch with Omega-3’s, antioxidants, fiber, and wholesome fat. Meaning they’re nice for digestion (and maintain issues transferring), they’re nice for coronary heart well being, they assist steadiness blood sugar they usually’re nice for bone well being. Lengthy story quick, they’re good for you!
Chia Seed Pudding Elements
Simply 2 simple elements are all you want, plus just a little sweetener for those who’d like. Chia pudding is astoundingly simple to make!
- Chia Seeds: Whereas black chia seeds are those you’ll discover most frequently on the market, you need to use both black or white chia seeds. Each supply comparable dietary advantages!
- Milk: You need to use your favourite milk, whether or not that’s dairy or dairy-free. I personally like to make use of my selfmade cashew milk, almond milk, or oat milk.
- Sweetener: A splash of maple syrup (or honey) and vanilla extract provides the chia pudding base a frivolously candy taste.
Discover the whole recipe with measurements beneath
How To Make Chia Pudding
I wasn’t kidding once I stated that is the best recipe to make. Simply be certain to have some jars available for those who plan on meal prepping chia pudding for the week! Right here’s how you can make it.
Stir the pudding. Stir collectively the chia seeds, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract both in a big bowl (for one massive batch) or individually in jars. Let it sit for 10 minutes, so it might probably begin to gel. Then give it one other stir.
Let the pudding chill and thicken. Cowl the bowl or jars and permit the pudding to thicken for at the least a couple of hours (or in a single day) within the fridge. Whenever you’re able to serve it up, high it along with your favourite fruits and nuts, and even layer a fruit puree on the backside (like I did within the video beneath!).
Chia Pudding Suggestions
- Watch the portion measurement. It’s simple to go overboard on chia pudding and make it “Instagram-worth” (I’m responsible with these pics as nicely). However in doing so, you’re doubtless consuming a a lot bigger portion. Attempt to keep on with 1/2 cup milk to 2 tablespoons chia seeds.
- Regulate the ratios to go well with you. Some folks like a thicker chia seed pudding and a few like a thinner model. Be happy so as to add extra milk to make a thinner model.
- Get inventive with toppings. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon, cardamom (chai spices) or cacao powder (for chocolate chia pudding). Use seasonal fruit each in entire items and in purees and don’t neglect nuts and seeds. See extra concepts beneath!
How you can Retailer & Meal Prep
For those who comply with me on Instagram you’ll regularly see me meal prep chia pudding for the week. I’ll make the precise ratio within the recipe beneath, stir all of it collectively in particular person 1/4 liter Weck Jars, high with frozen berries after which freeze.
It’ll final for a number of weeks (if not longer) within the freezer. Then, once I need a wholesome breakfast I’ll simply thaw it within the fridge the evening earlier than. Really easy!
Chia Pudding Variations
As you would possibly anticipate, the primary few instances I made chia pudding it was simply the fundamental recipe – chia seeds, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract – soaked in a single day. And never that there’s something unsuitable with that, I nonetheless make it plain on a regular basis.
However chia seed pudding will be a tremendous and inventive piece of breakfast paintings. It’s like an grownup coloring ebook. Besides there aren’t any strains and the flavour mixtures are limitless! Listed here are few scrumptious methods to jazz it up.
Useful tip: Chia pudding has the feel of tapioca pudding. However for those who don’t love that texture, you’ll be able to mix up all of the elements in a high-powered blender for a easy texture. Try the chia pudding mousse recipes listed above!
Chia Pudding Recipe Video
It’s very easy to make chia pudding! But when it’s your first time, be certain to observe my fast video beneath.
Extra Chia Seed Recipes You’ll Love
A bag of chia seeds actually does go a good distance! Right here’s what else you may make with them.
For those who haven’t hopped on the chia pudding wagon, now’s the time to take action. When you give it a strive, let me know your ideas in a remark beneath!
How you can Make Chia Pudding
Make chia seed pudding for a wholesome breakfast or snack proper at your fingertips. Bonus — it is tremendous simple to make!
- The dietary info is for a person serving.
- For those who discover your chia seeds aren’t beginning to gel and thicken after quarter-hour, you will have dud chia seeds. This could occur in they’ve been sitting in your pantry some time. Simply seize a brand new bag of chia seeds.
- I layered my chia pudding on high of a strawberry fruit puree, which was merely recent strawberries pureed in my meals processor. That’s it!
Energy: 159kcal, Carbohydrates: 16g, Protein: 5g, Fats: 9g, Saturated Fats: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 6g, Monounsaturated Fats: 1g, Trans Fats: 0.03g, Sodium: 167mg, Potassium: 116mg, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 13IU, Vitamin C: 0.4mg, Calcium: 309mg, Iron: 2mg
©Downshiftology. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Recipe initially posted August 2016, however up to date to incorporate new info.