This vegetable korma is a quick and scrumptious sluggish cooker curry that comes collectively very quickly! Hearty and wholesome, it’s naturally vegan and gluten-free!
For those who purchase numerous veggies and by no means know what to do with them, making veggie korma is considered one of your finest choices. Like our paneer tikka masala, this dish turns on a regular basis greens into one thing really scrumptious.
What’s vegetable korma?
Vegetable korma is a curry that includes greens in a creamy coconut milk sauce. Totally different greens can be utilized to make it, together with potatoes, carrots, peas, tomatoes, cauliflower, onions, and so forth. It has all the flavour of a lamb korma minus the animal protein.
We make it actually because it’s:
- Wholesome and low-carb. This dish is a wholesome dish to eat for lunch or dinner. For those who take away the potatoes, it is going to additionally work nice for low-carb diets.
- A simple freezer meal. Making an enormous batch of a korma is simple. Preserve some within the fridge and freeze the remaining korma for later use.
- Gluten- and dairy-free. Because it doesn’t include gluten and lactose, vegetable korma is a superb dish to serve to crowds.
What I like about this recipe is how straightforward it’s to customise! We frequently change the greens or add some protein to them (hen thigh or diced lamb is incredible). Paired with some naan or coconut rice, it’s a meal the entire household adores.
This recipe may be very forgiving, and virtually any vegetable works. Here’s what you’ll want:
- Cauliflower. This low carb vegetable is what I like to make use of as the primary element of my vegan korma. Lower the cauliflower into same-size florets.
- Bell pepper. Chopped. You should utilize bell peppers of various colours to make the korma extra colourful.
- Potatoes. Chopped.
- Inexperienced peas. Frozen.
- Purple chili. De-seeded chili so as to add some warmth. Modify the quantity of crimson chili to make the dish as spicy as you want.
- Coconut milk. All of the greens are cooked in coconut milk, giving the korma its signature style and texture.
- Curry paste. A flavorful paste to assist construct taste for vegetable korma.
- Coriander. Chopped recent coriander.
- Garlic. Minced.
- Ginger. Minced.
The best way to make a vegetable korma
Making vegetable korma in a sluggish cooker is tremendous straightforward. All you need to do is so as to add the coconut milk, curry paste, cauliflower, peppers, and potatoes into the sluggish cooker, together with the minced garlic and ginger.
Cook dinner on low warmth for six hours or till the potatoes are tender. Add the chopped coriander and frozen peas, and cook dinner the korma for an additional 5 minutes.
Serve instantly along with your favourite sides.
Tricks to make the very best recipe
- In case your veggie korma turned out extra watery than you prefer it to be, combine in some full-fat yogurt. Add a cornstarch slurry to the korma towards the tip of the cooking time to maintain it dairy-free.
- This korma may prove too thick should you boil it for too lengthy. If this occurs, add extra coconut milk to the pot.
- For those who don’t have the time to cook dinner this vegetable curry in a sluggish cooker for hours, cook dinner it on the range. It takes lower than an hour to cook dinner it on the stovetop on low-medium warmth.
- Lower the greens into even items in order that they cook dinner evenly. Doing this additionally makes the korma look higher.
As talked about earlier, the great thing about this curry is simply how straightforward it’s to customise or change up to fit your style buds or expend no matter you have got readily available. Listed below are some concepts:
- Sprinkle with cashews. Roasted cashews will add a pleasant nutty taste and crunch to the creamy vegetable korma.
- Add tomatoes. Use recent, roasted, or canned tomatoes in a korma to brighten its taste and provides it an appetizing crimson hue. You too can use a small quantity of tomato paste as a substitute.
- Use garam masala. For those who don’t have curry paste, use garam masala as a substitute. This spice mix is one other method to give vegetable korma an Indian twist.
- Add protein. You may add hen breast, hen thighs, and even some lamb should you want some protein in your meal. For the vegan possibility, add break up peas as a supply of protein.
To retailer: Refrigerate vegetable korma as quickly because it cools. Saved in an hermetic container, this dish will final 3 to 4 days within the fridge.
To freeze: In case you have an enormous batch of leftovers, divide them into parts and freeze them in hermetic containers. It’ll final for as much as 6 months.
To reheat: Reheat the korma within the microwave or on the range over medium warmth. Add a splash of water or coconut milk if wanted.
Extra curry recipes to attempt
Often requested questions
Sure, vegetable korma is sweet for weight reduction as it’s fairly low in energy. You might wish to miss the potatoes in case you are attempting to devour fewer carbs.
Korma is a gentle curry originating in South Asia. Korma could be made with meat and greens. It additionally incorporates numerous spices.
Add the coconut milk, curry paste, ginger, chili, garlic, cauliflower, bell pepper, and potatoes in a sluggish cooker and stir properly.
Cook dinner on low warmth for six hours, or till the greens are tender. Stir by means of the coriander and frozen peas and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
Give all the pieces a combination and serve instantly.
TO FREEZE: In case you have made an enormous batch of leftovers, divide them into parts and freeze them in shallow hermetic containers. This dish will hold properly for as much as 6 months.
TO REHEAT: Reheat the korma within the microwave or on the range over medium warmth. Add a splash of water or coconut milk if wanted.
Serving: 1serving | Energy: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 8g | Fats: 24g | Sodium: 88mg | Potassium: 984mg | Fiber: 9g | Vitamin A: 9819IU | Vitamin C: 114mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 4mg | NET CARBS: 26g