For oatmeal followers — this berry baked oatmeal is one other scrumptious solution to take pleasure in oats for breakfast! The highest is barely golden whereas the within is smooth and loaded with a fairly candy berry assortment.
Simply after I thought in a single day oats or the traditional stovetop oatmeal have been my favorites, this berry baked oatmeal proves its value. Particularly if you’ve received a couple of individual on the breakfast desk! It’s simply sliceable into 6 parts and could be jazzed up with a fast dollop of creamy yogurt.
So sure — I’d say this wholesome baked oatmeal recipe is one other perennial winner for breakfast meal prep. Simply heat it up (with optionally available toppings) and luxuriate in it with a sizzling cup of espresso or matcha to get your day began on a great observe!
Berry Baked Oatmeal Recipe Components
Consider this as a breakfast casserole dish, however in oatmeal type! Right here’s what you’ll want.
- Oats: Keep on with old style rolled oats for the very best texture. And should you’re gluten-free like me, make sure that to at all times seize a bag of licensed gluten-free oats!
- Berries: I’m utilizing frozen blended berries for this recipe. However you may additionally use contemporary berries, particularly once they’re in season!
- Nuts: Sliced almonds assist so as to add a bit extra texture and crunch to the oatmeal base.
- Liquid Components: A mixture of eggs, maple syrup or honey, vanilla extract, melted butter or oil, and milk (dairy or dairy-free) binds the oatmeal collectively.
- Baking Necessities: Somewhat baking soda, salt, and a touch of cinnamon finishes it off.
If you wish to swap a few of the elements…
- Swap up the fruits. As a substitute of berries, you’ll be able to attempt utilizing some other frozen fruits of your selection! I extremely suggest mangos, banana, or peaches (I’ve a peaches and cream model in my cookbook!).
- Use totally different nuts. For those who’re not a fan of almonds, you may also use chopped walnuts, pecans, or your favourite nuts.
Discover the whole recipe with measurements under
How To Make Baked Oatmeal
Earlier than beginning, seize a 9-inch sq. baking dish. Then gently grease the within so the oatmeal doesn’t stick if you’re scooping it out!
Combine the dry elements. In a big bowl you’ll stir collectively the oats, sliced almonds, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
Stir the moist elements collectively. In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the milk, honey, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
Mix all the pieces collectively. Pour the moist combination into the dry, add the frozen berries, and stir all the pieces collectively. For those who begin to discover the berries turning the liquid purple, that’s completely high quality!
Prep and bake the casserole. Switch the combination to the baking dish and prime it with additional berries and almonds. Then bake for 40 to 45 minutes at 375°F (190°C). Make certain to let it cool a bit earlier than slicing!
- To retailer: Retailer any leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for 4 to five days.
- To freeze: Yep, baked oatmeal is freezable! Make certain to slice the oatmeal into parts earlier than storing them in a freezer-safe container for as much as 3 months. It will make reheating a breeze!
- For reheating: Thaw every frozen portion within the fridge in a single day. Then bake uncovered with aluminum foil in a 350°F(180°C) oven for 15 to twenty minutes. You can too reheat within the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, or till warmed by.
Baked Oatmeal Recipe Video
Wish to see how I make this in my kitchen? Watch the video under!
Extra Breakfast Concepts
Need some new concepts to modify up your breakfast routine? Listed here are just a few scrumptious and wholesome breakfast concepts to make mornings thrilling once more!
I hope you (and your family and friends) love this berry baked oatmeal for breakfast! Let me know the way it turned out in a remark under.
Berry Baked Oatmeal
This berry baked oatmeal is the right breakfast meal prep! It is golden on the surface, smooth on the within and loaded with candy berries.
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9-inch sq. baking dish.
In a big bowl, stir collectively the oats, ½ cup of almonds, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate medium bowl, whisk collectively the milk, honey, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
Pour the moist combination into the dry, add the frozen berries, stir all of it collectively, after which switch the combination to the baking dish. If you would like, prime it with just a few additional frozen berries. Then sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of almonds on prime.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or till set. Serve instantly plain, or prime with a dollop of yogurt or a drizzle of maple syrup.
Energy: 314kcal, Carbohydrates: 41g, Protein: 9g, Fats: 14g, Saturated Fats: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g, Monounsaturated Fats: 6g, Trans Fats: 0.2g, Ldl cholesterol: 65mg, Sodium: 404mg, Potassium: 249mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 18g, Vitamin A: 227IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 151mg, Iron: 2mg
©Downshiftology. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.