Discover ways to make restaurant fashion beef bulgogi at dwelling; candy, smoky, and completely grilled. Prepared in minutes and certain to impress!
It’s no secret we’re big followers of Asian delicacies.
Nevertheless, after we whip up a contemporary batch of bulgogi sauce, bulgogi beef is on the menu!
Bulgogi is a mixture of two Korean phrases, “Bul” which means “hearth” and “Gogi”, which interprets to “meat”. Therefore, this dish is famously known as “hearth meat.” The title displays the way in which this conventional Korean dish is cooked.
When making conventional bulgogi, skinny slices of beef, hen, or pork are cooked on a grill after marinating them in some bulgogi sauce.
As an alternative of discovering a restaurant to fulfill your cravings, make this dish your self! You’ll adore it as a result of it’s:
- Stuffed with taste. The marinade gives a mix of flavors and will get a smoky taste throughout cooking, making it tremendous flavorful.
- Fast and simple. With little or no hands-on time, this recipe comes collectively rapidly.
- Works with floor beef. Whereas thinly sliced steak is most well-liked, this works simply as nicely with floor beef.
What I really like about this recipe is simply how easy it’s. It actually tastes like genuine Korean meals that you just’d discover at any good restaurant.
You’ll love the straightforward and simple ingredient record for such a flavorful and scrumptious recipe. Here’s what you’ll want:
- Beef steak. Ribeye, sirloin, or skirt steak are one of the best cuts to make use of.
- Bulgogi sauce. Skip the costly store-bought choices and make your personal at home- it’s really easy and tastes so significantly better.
- Oil. Only a contact of any impartial flavored oil to assist with cooking. There’s already some sesame oil within the precise sauce/marinade.
- Onions. Trimmed and sliced.
- Salt and pepper. To style.
Find out how to make beef bulgogi?
This recipe may be very easy and follows a easy 3-step course of. I like to recommend prepping the sauce and beef upfront, so there’s minimal hands-on time. Able to make some bulgogi?
Step 1- Freeze and slice the meat
Begin by freezing the meat to make it simpler to chop and a method to tenderize it. To do that, cowl the meat in plastic wrap and put it within the freezer for an hour till partially frozen. After this time, use a pointy knife to slice it up.
Step 2-Marinate the meat
Subsequent, add the sliced beef, bulgogi sauce, oil, and onions to a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and blend nicely. Let every part sit for five minutes, however you probably have further time, you possibly can marinate it for 4 hours.
Step 3- Prepare dinner the bulgogi
Now, prepare dinner the meat. Add a contact of oil to a non-stick pan, skillet, or barbecue. As soon as sizzling, add the meat and prepare dinner for 30-40 seconds earlier than transferring it round till tender, which normally takes round 4 minutes.
Tricks to make one of the best recipe
- Use good high quality beef from a butcher, not a mainstream grocery retailer. The latter have a tendency to make use of lower than stellar cuts of meat that usually comprises sinew, bones, and extra fats.
- Whereas the meat could be cooked on a skillet or stovetop, attempt to use a barbecue when doable. It gives the quickest sear and pure smoky taste.
- For one of the best taste, marinate the meat for a minimum of an hour, or in a single day. This actually lets the flavour seep into the meat.
To retailer: Leftovers could be saved within the fridge, lined, for as much as 5 days.
To freeze: Place the cooled leftovers in an hermetic container and retailer it within the freezer for as much as 6 months.
Reheating: It’s greatest to reheat the meat on a sizzling skillet or non-stick pan.
Extra Asian recipes you’ll take pleasure in
Incessantly Requested Questions
As beef bulgogi is tremendous flavorful, it’s greatest to pair it with some steamed rice (we like on the spot pot brown rice or jasmine rice) or, for one thing enjoyable, some sushi rice. We typically serve it over Korean spicy noodles.
Whereas this dish has some spice parts, it has extra of a candy and umami taste. Nevertheless, you possibly can alter the spice stage by including some sizzling sauce or Korean chili sauce, gochujang.
Per serving, there are simply 334 energy. Alter the calorie depend to compensate for rice or aspect dishes.
- 1 1/2 lbs skirt steak
- 1/2 cup bulgogi sauce
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 massive onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Place the meat in plastic wrap and place it within the freezer for a minimum of an hour. As soon as agency, use a pointy knife to slice it into 1/4-inch strips.
In a mixing bowl, add the sliced beef, together with the bulgogi sauce, oil, and onions, then season with salt and pepper. Let it sit for a minimum of 5 minutes, or as much as two hours.
As soon as able to prepare dinner, add oil to a non-stick skillet and place it over sizzling warmth. As soon as sizzling, add the meat and prepare dinner for 1-2 minutes, till seared on all sides.
Switch to a plate and canopy with tin foil for 3 minutes. After that, serve instantly.
Serving: 1serving | Energy: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 20g | Fats: 6g | Sodium: 819mg | Potassium: 305mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Vitamin A: 8IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 2mg | NET CARBS: 4g