Air Fryer Corned Beef is straightforward to make, and seems tender and juicy each time. This “one pot” meal with cabbage, carrots, and potatoes is a particular crowd-pleaser!
The Most Flavorful Corned Beef Brisket, Ever!
Corned beef is usually thought of a low-and-slow recipe that’s nice for the crock pot – simply check out the evaluations for my Crock Pot Corned Beef! 🙌 However do you know it may also be made in your air fryer? It’s true! And the convection warmth not solely cooks the meat to tender, juicy deliciousness, however it’s additionally extremely easy to do, with minimal prep.
My recipe for air fryer corned beef takes issues a step additional with a killer brown-sugar-Dijon glaze that brings out the hearty roasted taste of the meat and veggies. It is a full meal in a single, with mouthwatering taste and texture. Whether or not you make it for a St. Patrick’s Day feast or a easy weeknight meal, you’ll find it irresistible!
What Is Corned Beef?
Corned beef is a reduce of unusual beef brisket cured in a salty brine, normally with seasonings and spices. The phrase “corned” was initially a reference to the massive items of salt used within the brining course of. The salty cured beef turned a beloved staple for Irish immigrants to the USA and remains to be a preferred dish for St. Patrick’s Day celebrations nationwide.
What’s in This Recipe?
So what is going to it’s essential to make air fryer corned beef with veggies? Solely a handful of healthful substances. You received’t imagine how flavorful this quick checklist of substances will prove in your air fryer!
- Corned Beef: Search for the packaged corned beef brisket, bought with a spice packet.
- Dijon Mustard: You may additionally use stone-ground mustard, spicy mustard, and so on.
- Brown Sugar: Or uncooked sugar.
- Potatoes: I like child potatoes, quartered, however common crimson, white, or yellow potatoes would work. Lower them into small chunks.
- Carrots: Lower into cash.
- Cabbage: Roughly chopped.
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
Which Is Higher, Level Lower or Flat Lower Corned Beef?
While you’re searching for corned beef brisket, you’ll normally see two cuts accessible: level reduce and flat reduce. The flat reduce is skinny and, properly, flat – with a layer of fats on prime. Level cuts are thicker, with very beneficiant marbling. I like to recommend utilizing a flat reduce as a result of they’re meatier and far simpler to slice and eat.
Make Air Fryer Corned Beef
My secret weapon for air fryer corned beef? Foil! Cooking the meat in foil for a lot of the cooking time helps hold it juicy and flavorful. Eradicating the foil on the finish permits it to type a beautiful, crispy crust.
- Prep the Air Fryer and Brisket. To get began, preheat your air fryer to 360˚F. Whereas it preheats, combine the dijon mustard and brown sugar collectively in a bowl, after which brush this combination everywhere in the corned beef brisket. Place the corned beef on a big sheet of foil greased with cooking spray, and wrap it as much as seal it within the foil.
- Air Fry the Beef. Place the wrapped beef in your air fryer basket, and let it cook dinner for 50 minutes. When that point is up, pull the foil away from the meat and let it end cooking for about 40 extra minutes.
- Relaxation the Beef. As soon as the 40 minutes is up, fastidiously take out the corned beef and let it relaxation on a chopping board.
- Air-Fry the Potatoes and Carrots. Whereas the meat rests, put the potatoes and carrots in a big bowl with a spoonful of olive oil and a few salt and pepper. Toss to coat, after which air-fry at 400˚F for quarter-hour. In the meantime, toss the cabbage with the final of the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the Cabbage. When the quarter-hour is up, shake the potatoes and carrots and add within the cabbage. Air fry for about 10 extra minutes, or till the entire veggies are tender.
- Get pleasure from! Thinly slice the corned beef, and serve with the veggies.
Can You Overcook Corned Beef?
Sure, it’s doable to overcook corned beef, though it’s unlikely for the reason that meat usually takes fairly some time to change into tender. And for the reason that air fryer has a built-in timer, it’s even more durable to neglect your meals and go away it cooking too lengthy. Good, proper?
Suggestions for Success
For a really foolproof recipe, nothing beats having just a few useful methods up your sleeve. That’s why I’m sharing my finest ideas for nice air fryer corned beef. Bon appetit!
- In opposition to the Grain: For the perfect consequence, at all times slice your corned beef towards the grain. This may reduce throughout the lengthy, extra robust fibers, creating a young texture as an alternative of a stringy texture.
- Skinny Slices: Utilizing a extremely sharp knife is essential, as a result of it would let you reduce thinner slices. Thinly sliced corned beef shall be extra tender than thickly sliced corned beef.
- Air Fryer Measurement: Relying on the dimensions of your air fryer, you might want to chop your corned beef brisket into two smaller items and simply cook dinner them one by one.
- Temperature: Take into account that simply because the meat has reached a secure inner temperature doesn’t imply it’s tender but! Corned beef wants an extended cook dinner time than different cuts so to interrupt down connective tissue.
Aspect Dish Concepts
Whereas air fryer corned beef is a whole meal, we love our facet dishes round right here! You’ll be able to by no means have too many. Listed below are just a few nice sides that go together with this straightforward dinner.
- Salad: Serving a contemporary salad is certainly one of my favourite methods to get healthful uncooked veggies into my household’s weight loss program. This creamy Radish Cucumber Tomato Salad is loaded with taste and texture.
- Bread: Throw some garlic bread collectively, or for a extra genuine facet, make a loaf of conventional Soda Bread in a Skillet.
- Inexperienced Beans: Further inexperienced veggies are at all times welcome, particularly a easy, vibrant facet dish like these Lemon Butter Inexperienced Beans. Simple and light-weight!
Retailer and Reheat Leftovers
- Leftovers could be cooled down and stored within the fridge in an hermetic container or meals storage bag. The meat and veggies ought to keep good for 3 to 4 days or so.
- To reheat, place slices of beef and among the veggies in your air fryer basket at 360˚F for 1-2 minutes.
Can I Freeze This?
- Certain! To freeze leftover corned beef, place it in freezer luggage or hermetic containers and retailer it within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Freeze the potatoes and carrots in a separate bag or container. I don’t suggest freezing the cabbage.
- Thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Preheat air fryer to 360˚F.
Combine the dijon mustard and brown sugar collectively in a bowl.
Brush the brisket with the dijon mustard combination.
Set the brisket on a big sheet of foil greased with cooking spray.
Wrap the foil across the brisket; seal it closed.
Place within the air fryer basket and cook dinner for 50 minutes.
Pull the foil again; and proceed to cook dinner for 40 minutes.
Switch the brisket to a chopping board and let relaxation 10 minutes.
Within the meantime, put together the veggies; Mix potatoes and carrots in a big bowl; toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Switch the potatoes and carrots to the air fryer basket; cook dinner at 400˚F for quarter-hour.
In the meantime, toss the cabbage with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
When the quarter-hour is up, shake the potatoes and carrots, and add within the cabbage.
Proceed to cook dinner for 8 to 10 extra minutes or till veggies are tender.
Thinly slice the corned beef and serve with the veggies.
- Corned Beef is made with beef brisket, a cured robust reduce of meat that must be cooked low and gradual. It additionally is available in two cuts; flat and level. For this recipe, you need to use the flat reduce, which is meatier and simpler to cook dinner.
- Greens: I used root greens right here, however if you wish to use something apart from these veggies, you completely can; regulate the cooking time accordingly.
- In opposition to the Grain: Slice the meat towards the grain, which implies chopping towards the instructions the muscle fibers run. This holds true for all cuts of meat. This makes the meat extra tender and fewer chewy.
Energy: 621 kcal | Carbohydrates: 60 g | Protein: 32 g | Fats: 29 g | Saturated Fats: 9 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 14 g | Trans Fats: 0.001 g | Ldl cholesterol: 92 mg | Sodium: 2228 mg | Potassium: 1821 mg | Fiber: 8 g | Sugar: 12 g | Vitamin A: 3890 IU | Vitamin C: 121 mg | Calcium: 86 mg | Iron: 6 mg | Web Carbs: 52 g
Dietary data is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values might range based on the substances and instruments used. Please use your most well-liked dietary calculator for extra detailed data.